Please visit us on our new web site www.pamperedpoochesplayground.com
We are a Premium Professional Pet & Home Care Service Provider.
We Help Owners Alleviate Stress and Worry
While Away so that They Can Truly enjoy their Time Away!
**We are proud to introduce doggy day care play and stay in our home! The response has been phenomenal, results and satisfaction has been 100%, demand is high and spots are limited as we limit the number of dogs that can stay – this ensures less stress, more individualized attention and supervision and overall more happiness for your pups.
Our doggy daycare and boarding is in our private home (we do not have a “facility”) as we are a home environment and no kennels.
We are located on the NW side of Black Forest off Hodgen Road and Black Forest Roads. Easy access from Hwy 83.
Our Business mailing address is Monument, this is not our actual physical location.
We do not allow any unscheduled visits or tours to ensure we minimize environmental stimuli, excitement or stress and this is our private home so only approved clients are allowed tours.
Here are some things to know right away:
Vaccinations and Preventative Care Required:
- Canine Distemper
- H3N8 Canine Influenza
- H3N2 Canine Influenza
- If under 1 yr. of age, proof of DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Parainfluenza) or DA2PP (Distemper, Adenovirus2, Parainfluenza, Parvo)
- Leptospirosis (for all dogs required annually)
- Flea/Tick/Lice Preventative such as Revolution or Frontline Plus – March through November
- 1. Giardia vaccination (for puppies under 1 yr old)
- 2. Micro chip
- 3. A fecal test showing negative for parasites, coccidia, and Giardia within the last 10 days prior to boarding and quarterly for regular daycare/boarding customers
- 4. Heartworm preventative
Dogs of certain temperament or size we are unable to take:
- Any dog deemed aggressive or has previously bitten any person or another dog
- Any dog with severe separation anxiety which results in destructive behaviors
- Any dog with severe thunderstorm anxiety unless they have medication
- Dogs not spayed or neutered over 7 months old .
- Typically no Extra Large breeds such as Great Danes, English Mastiff’s, St Bernards, Newfies etc . specifically just due to size and our home space limits.
Breeds of Dogs *We typically do not take (see below):
We love all shapes, sizes, breeds of dogs personally, however due to being full contact, free roam, no kennels in our home we must limit size as well as ensure proper temperament.
Our insurance also restricts certain breeds, not us personally.
1. No Pit bull Terriers including mixes
2. No Bull Mastiffs including mixes
3. No Rottweilers including mixes
4. No Chow Chows including mixes
5. No Akita’s including mixes
6. No Bouvier des Flandres including mixes
7. No Dogs over 110 lbs.
*These breeds are designated by our insurance provider as “potentially unpredictable” in a free roam atmosphere – and can also incite unpredictable behavior in other dogs especially males.
We strive to eliminate as much risk as possible of course for the safety of all.
If you own a dog on our breed list we typically do not take, but feel that your dog has been trained in socialization and raised with a great social disposition from birth and would be a good fit – we can consider doing an assessment. Typically we consider these breed’s only if they start with us as a puppy and/or with proof that they have been socialized with other dogs in a free roam environment on a regular basis.
Flea/Tick/Lice Preventative such as Revolution or Frontline Top Spot
- (no Amitraz, or any product with Permethrin as we have cats in our home and these products are toxic to cats) – March through November
- The lice and flea portion and cat safe is the most important
- Please call us with any questions or concerns at 719-377-2325
Pampered Pooches Playground LLC ~ Play n Stay
No Kennels, free roam weekday doggy daycare and boarding/overnights for vacationing families.
We have weekly specials for working parents for weekday, daycare.
Come let your dogs experience the “Pampered” difference and come play and stay with us.
Why chose us?
NO Kennels, free roam, home away from home environment with a 4200 sq foot fully secured playground with ramps, tunnels, obstacles and pools.
Private & Flexible drop off and pick up (scheduled between 7:30 am – 10:00 pm)
No days closed (unless we go on vacation)
Owner is an Animal behaviorist, dog trainer and has worked with domestic and farm animals since 1991
Small group – we only take a maximum of 5-6 guest dogs
Catered attention and activities individually to each dog
Introductions to other dogs is done 1-1, never in a group setting
What does all this mean?
It means you and your dog will come and go without other happy, excited dogs in your space allowing for a stress free experience. Having to walk in a home, kennel, or dog run area with lots of other dogs jumping, barking etc can be stressful and scary for new dogs and people and we don’t allow it. We introduce dogs 1-1 to ensure a quiet, stress free introduction to each dog that is staying with us. This creates less stress and happier dogs. We are flexible with drop off and pick up times catering to meet your travel schedule and we are never closed meaning you don’t pay extra if you can’t meet a drop off or pick up time or want a drop off or pick up on a day others may be closed. We are never closed unless we are on vacation, this means your dogs are always supervised, including “after hours” that some places have which can run from 7pm – 7am. That is up to 12 hours with no outside time or play, no potty breaks, no supervision. Your dog’s stay is in a home environment reducing stress without cold cement or bars of a kennel. Small groups enable us to cater the dogs that play together, and cater activities individually to each dog according to their size, temperament and interests. Dogs sleep in our bedroom at night so we can monitor if there is any stress, give them potty breaks if needed, and helps to supervise younger, older dogs or dog’s with special needs that require more attention overnight. As an animal behaviorist and dog trainer you can be assured of consistency, manners, and even free dog training as every detail in a dog’s day can be something that is part of training.
Under our Parent Company Pampered Pets & People LLC we are:
Established 2008, experienced since 1991
Consecutive years and current year winner of the prestigious Angie’s List Super Service Award (only given to 5% of businesses)
We follow State of Co, El Paso County and USDA guidelines for Safety & Sanitation
Insured, Accredited, Certified
“A+” rating with the BBB and accredited
“A” rated Angie’s List with almost 100 “A” rated reviews
We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, every time.
We do not want to be the biggest, but we do want to be the best. We are about Quality, not quantity.
What we require:
A Good temperament and social disposition with people and other dogs
Dogs’ must be 6 months age or older for vacationing. (we can consider dog’s 4-6 mo’s old on a case by case basis)
Spayed or Neutered (if under 7 mo’s old, we can consider on a case by case basis)
Potty trained (we can work with individual cases if not fully potty trained)
½ day evaluation and assessment – 2-4 hour evaluation with your dog to determine if your dog is a good fit.
Kennels versus our Doggy Daycare?
Does Doggy Daycare really cost more? Our research says no …
1. We do not have set hours for drop off or pick up
(except from 11pm – 7am so we can sleep)
- Kennels require you to have another night stay if you don’t meet their drop off/pick up time hours which costs you more.
2. We are not closed any Holidays or Sundays for drop off/pick up
- Kennels require you to have another night stay if you want a Holiday or Sunday pick up which costs you more
3. We provide free roam, supervision, outdoor and indoor play basically 24/7 except when we are all sleeping – and then all the dogs are staying in our bedroom with us so we can hear any needs during the night of your precious pups.
- Kennels provide twice a day play, some even charge extra for playtime or walks which costs you more
- There are no staff at most Kennels after 7pm until 7am – leaving your dogs needs unattended for 12 hours.
4. We provide a 2300 sq foot home and a 4000 sq foot playground for dogs to stretch their legs, socialize, interact and stay – a home away from home – dogs are allowed on our furniture, beds and spend time not only with other dogs but also us going about our normal daily routine.
- Kennels charge by the size of the dog run/kennel often times only 3′ x 6′ or 4 x 12′ of space is provided
- Kennels are typically loud, cold, cement walls and floors and steel bars – the cost here is the stress to your dog and potential stress related illnesses, as well as fear and loneliness.
5. This is our home, we do not have “hours” – the dogs are rarely left alone and there is always someone to monitor, cuddle, reassure your dogs all day and all night long.
Your dog lives in our home while here and goes through all the normal daily routines right along with us, have other dogs and people to interact with all day and all night. Sleep in our bed or in our bedroom. They are allowed on the furniture. Much more comfortable than a cot or rug on a cement floor.
- Kennels have “staff” that changes daily and hours of operation where your dogs will be left alone to listen to nervous, stressed, or just boisterous dogs at all hours of the day or night causing loneliness, fear and stress.
- The “cost” associated with this only you can decide.
5. Our research has found that most local Kennels charge the same or only just slightly less than what we charge just for the boarding portion. Many have “add on” charges if you want more playtime, walks, a larger kennel, or forced additional nights due to time off/days off/ and “hours” – which ultimately puts their cost higher than what we charge.
- The value of what your precious loved dogs receive with us is priceless in comparison to any price difference.
6. Quiet Zone – we diligently supervise all dogs in our care and diligently monitor any squabbles and barking. We do not want other dogs to be stressed, people to be stressed or to annoy our neighbors so one or our priorities is keeping things calm, no chaos, low stress and quiet as possible (no barking zone).
- Kennels have dogs and people coming and going throughout the day, lots of movement, noises, doors opening and closing, staff moving around etc – and some kennels can house up to 20-30 dogs, all strangers to one another, all with different anxiety, stress, and energy levels, and often times is a room full of anxious barking dogs.
Just a Note: We have updated our vaccination requirements to include the following: All vaccinations must be administered at least 2 weeks prior to boarding.
** We will not become a large commercial boarding kennel or doggy daycare – we believe in catered 1-1 attention and care, no cages or kennels. Free roam and stay in our home. Large fully fenced in yard, 5 acres (soon to be completely fenced in), and coming soon a puppy swimming pool. We are still in the research/process of all licensing, inspections, zoning.
Pet Vacations – When they can’t come with you, Give them their own – Pet Care at our Home!
Our philosophy is “We want to be the Best, not the Biggest”
- We have recognized the need to offer more options to our pet care services to cater to pets that need more interaction, thrive on group stay and play, require more supervision and care than what in your home pet visits can provide.
- We have also received feed back from clients that they would love more cost effective pet care while they travel so our in home Day Care + Overnights option also provides a less expensive option for pet owners depending on number of dogs you have.
- We still offer in your own home pet sitting & house sitting services and can now also offer a combination of both to ensure that even if you use our home Day Care + Overnights that your other animals and home get taken care of as well.
- We will also be opening our home to fostering and rescuing animals and still in the research process of doing that.
Pet Sitting – In Your Home : Overnights & Daily – Playtime & Exercise – Grooming – Training – Pet Photography
- Your pets stay in their own home, around their own pet siblings with minimal to no exposure to any other animals reducing their exposure or risk of injury or illness that could be contracted by other animals
- By adhering to your pets feeding schedule and food types they are not exposed to dietary changes which reduces risk of allergies, digestive issues or illness
- Your pets get one on one personal attention with their familiar toys, favorite blanket in their own home environment
- In home pet sitting gives you added security because your home is not left unattended for long periods of time and we check the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, blinds, locks, lights and give your home a lived in appearance
- You are kept up to date with how your fur babies are doing through regular communication, texts, email and/or photos. We provide updates so that you can rest and relax knowing that your pet is safe, happy and having fun
- Keeping your pets in their own home and maintaining their schedule and routine reduces stress
- We provide play visits, exercise and walks in their own back yard or neighborhood to keep them on their regular routine and reducing stress through regular exercise, interaction and engagement
- We can bring in the mail, water the plants, and generally do all of the little things that need doing while you’re gone
- We are Dependable. This is our full time business and our reputation means everything to you and to us. You are provided additional security in knowing that we have made a commitment and we will stick to it. We also have other local resources for additional support or back up if needed. We love what we do and it is our business to work with the highest of integrity and responsibility.
- By providing daily visits which include walks and playtime, your pet gets mental and physical activity in their own environment keeping them from getting bored which reduces stress and destructiveness
- We always leave a home in the same or better condition than when we arrived
- As part of our In Home Pet Sitting we also assist with extra’s such as watering plants, collecting the mail, cleaning cages, litter boxes, food and water bowls, administer supplements and medications and wash animal bedding. Other personalized services are also available such as turning on sprinkler systems, mowing lawn & trimming.
- By providing in home pet training we work with both the owner and the animal in establishing consistent expectations and routines in the pets and owners comfortable space. This reduces stress and promotes quicker and longer lasting results.
- We work with training requests on a case by case basis and do require an initial assessment before determining a plan, time period or cost. Training is a commitment and for the best results and success that commitment must be taken seriously
- We provide baths and basic grooming services for your pets in their own home environment to make it fun and less stressful
Service Area/Zip Code Work Area (Please note that rates are determined by distance from our home office base in the Black Forest)
Air Force Academy 80840
Black Forest 80908
Black Forest Old Ranch 80924
County Line Road 80118
Fox Run 80921
Mt Herman 80132
Northeast Colorado Springs 80919
Palmer Lake 80133